It's Here... Almost.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

CHAPTER 4

I have trouble remembering the fact that Jason has BROWN HAIR and not BLONDE HAIR. and i cant remember if i wrote their age. So if u read a part where i wrote one of their ages, TELL ME. cos i cant remember. anyway temporarily i shall make Jason a 24 yr old, Kaine a 26 year old and Karyn and Amber are both 24. yay me.

Coffee And Cameras Don't Go. Or Maybe They Do.

"So then I took the napkin and I wanted to walk away but I couldn't just ignore the guy just because I didn't know his name and if i ignored him he might have felt neglected so i turned to him but he just stared and I was so tempted to check my face to see if there was a pimple or something cos he just kept staring and he wouldn't stop but then the Kaine guy threw this napkin ball at him and he woke up and then he took the napkin and signed it but-"

"Excuse me?"

"-he avoided looking at me which made me feel really awakward so I walked away and now I-"

"Amber!"

"-feel like I did something wrong which I didn't right? Cause all I did was ask for an autograph and that's not-"

"Amber look behind you."

"-illegal right?" Amber stopped. "What?"

"Look-" Karyn grabbed her colleague by the shoulders and spun her around.

Eyes widened in shock, the 24 year old female could feel her cheeks warm up. Not knowing what to do next, she held up a hand and waved. "Hello."

"Hi." Jason smiled and made eye contact only to look away after a few seconds. He put his hands in his pockets and shuffled uncomfortable. Mind racing, the thespian took deep breaths and finally summoned enough courage to look at the waitress and ask her when she finished work.

"Um... at 5. Why?" Thoughts were flying around in her mind and her heart was beating faster than usual. Why did he want to know when she stopped work?

"Okay. Well since we can't go for lunch.. then maybe you want to.. go.. for... dinner?" Before Amber could answer, Jason quickly remembered something and cut in, "Oh yes, my name is Jason. And I am a very noble guy and will not try to do anything funny to you. Eh."

"My name's Amber... Um.. And I don't mind dinner."

"Erm.. okay.. well. I shall pick you up... here? Outside the cafe. At 6?"

"Okay."

"Okay. Well, bye. I got to drink the coffee. Cause coffee is for drinking.. and not for being left on the table." Jason forced a chuckle but quickly cleared his throat as soon as he realised he was the only one laughing. "Okay, um. Goodbye." Without looking back, he turned around and walked, or more like ran, back to his seat, sat down and knocked his head repeatedly against the wooden table.

Amber stood montionless for awhile, then she turned around to face her friend and as soon as reality hit her, she started jumping up and down.

"Omigosh! OMIGOSH." She grabbed Karyn by the shoulders and started to shake her in excitement. "JASON JUST ASKED ME OUT. HE ASKED ME OUT OMIGOSH." She exclaimed, making sure she wasn't too loud.

"Yes, I KNOW. I was standing right behind you! And you are a horrible conversationist under pressure."

"Well," Amber walked further back to the counter, rubbing her arms, "It was scary! I mean. He's all hot. And I'm all... smelling like coffee and not looking my best. I was afraid I was going to say something wrong and then he wouldnt like me and then he would think I'm weird and then he would walk away and I would have nightmares of being reject by him repeatedly!"

Karyn laughed and put a reassuring arm around her friend's shouder. "I think he already thinks you're weird, that's why he asked you out!"

Meanwhile, among the oblivious customers were two men. One was very amused and the other was panicking.

"WHAT DID I DO?!?!"

Kaine threw his hands in the air and said with much cheer, "You just asked someone out! YAY JASON!"

Jason, however, begged to differ. He shook his head and said, "Nonononononononono.... why? Now I have to get spiffy clothes. And think of smart things to say. And and and..."

"And kiss her?"

"Are you crazy? It's just our first date! I can't kiss her! I don't think I should even touch her! I think I'm going to die! KAINE AM I PALING?"

"No you are not going to die! You are fine. You are just a little stressed out because you are a lonely man who hasn't dated for a long time. But you are happy aren't you? Huh? Happy cause you finally get to go out with a girl. And a pretty one that you keep staring at."

Jason looked at Kaine, then looked at his coffee. He watched the tiny bubbles float on the swirling liquid as he searched his mind. Was Kaine right? Was he really happy?

"I am happy! Wow. I am." Jason looked at his friend and smiled.

As far as he knew, he wanted her.

I AM DONE. blah. chapter 5 is coming. TWO CHAPTERS IN A DAY. congratulate me! read and comment. and i shall do a jig for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home